Thursday, April 7, 2011

Rock-Basic Novel Writing Tips


Right off the bat, I’m going to say this: Writing novels is not for me. So far, all I’ve done in as far as writing is concerned is make a few bucks out of writing essays and short stories. However, these novel-writing tips might help us as well, who knows?

These were not made by me, I simply compiled some tips I’ve read here and there.

1. Have a Writing Style that is Conversational

One way to attract readers is to avoid using words and expressions rarely spoken in everyday life and avoid too much detail in descriptions. Write stories as if you are talking to a friend.

2. Use Strong Words

Make your reader’s imagination soar by using words that entice them. Improve your vocabulary.  Use short but powerful sentences.

3. Do Research

If you’re writing a novel about a detective solving a crime, it’s better and more believable if you are consulting an actual police officer or detective about your novel. Ask them what their opinions are and insert them somehow into the novel.

4. Have Patience

Writing novels take a long time, spanning months and sometimes even years. Be patient and keep at it until you finish your work.

There you have it folks, four simple tips for writing a novel. Now grab a pen and start writing. I’m going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment